Google
 

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Barbecued Chicken

I'll start by giving a great piece of advice my mother shared with me a couple of years ago, after my husband got food poisoning from chicken he thought he'd cooked long enough on the grill: Anytime she cooks chicken on the grill, first she preheats the oven to be ready when the chicken comes off the grill. After cooking it, she wraps it in aluminum foil then cooks it in the oven a while longer. You can also baste it again before putting it in the oven. This not only prevents food poisoning from it being undercooked, it makes really juicy barbecued chicken. I've told several friends about this and they have been excited to try it, since nearly all of them have had bouts of food poisoning in their family after grilling chicken. And of course, it tastes great and works!

No comments: