Google
 

Friday, July 27, 2007

First aid for mouth injuries

If you're a parent, you've probably seen plenty of busted lips, bitten tongues and more in the way of mouth injuries for your children. Maybe you've even been lucky enough (like myself) to be the recipient of a few head butts from those adorable heads full silky-soft hair and have gotten some of those injuries yourself. You're wondering what kind of first aid you use for such an injury. Look no further than Gly-oxide antiseptic oral cleanser (http://www.glyoxide.com/ if you can't find it in the oral care section at your store) followed by Rincinol (https://commerce.jbutler.com/consumer_products.asp?nCategory_ID=73&nGroup_ID=394). I've always used the Rincinol liquid but I think they may have it available in something else now. This has taken care of busted lips -- on the inside and outside of the lip -- that I thought might need stitches and at the very least thought might be infected. Before I found Gly-oxide and knew only about Rincinol, it took care of my oldest daughter when she was almost a year old and had bitten her tongue pretty badly. It would not heal for a couple of weeks despite what I did because she would keep biting it and make it worse. I even took her to the doctor, who thought at first it was a really bad burn on her tongue (but it wasn't). I finally found Rincinol and would pour it over her tongue four times a day. In a matter of about three days her tongue was almost completely healed.

1 comment:

first aid said...

nice post nice blog.